Thursday, September 10, 2009

Welcome Home!

Our Hero is Finally Home!








Jason is finally home! It was a bit of a crazy homecoming, but we are so happy and grateful to have him home! I got a phone call from a Captain here at Jason's office with news that Jason's flight was cancelled. They wanted to reach me before I packed up all the kids and drove to the terminal. I was so depressed I went back to bed and wondered how many days I'd have to wait to see him. Then I got another phone call from a woman at his office who told me his flight did in fact arrive and the Captain could just drive him home. (This Captain doesn't know me very well and apparently didn't dare call me to tell me about the mistake, so of course they had the only woman in the office do it). I wish I would've never answered the phone that morning, because Jason's flight arrived at the exact time he told me it would. Jason called me and we decided to still meet at the terminal, mostly so the kids wouldn't be confused. We both were so frustrated about the mix up- I had been up and ready since 6am, after a night of restless sleep.

Ethan and Ava were talking the whole way about finally going to pick up daddy at the airport. They ran to him and were SO happy to see him and give him lots of hugs. Even William was excited and went right to Jason. In some ways it's like he never left- after 8 months alone I never thought it would feel that way. We are so grateful for his safe return!

6 comments:

Cammie said...

I am so excited for you all. I can only imagine how happy you are to have him back home.
That would be frustrating to have someone call you and tell you that his flight was cancelled and that you would have to wait just a little longer until you saw him.
At least it all worked out in the end. I love the pictures... so sweet!

Tina said...

A fairy tale ending for sure. Reunited at last!!!
I'm so happy that he is home and you can enjoy each other again.
I love how in the first picture you are carrying William and pushing Ethan in the stroller. Shouldn't you be pushing William and Ethan walking? That made me laugh.
I love the picture of William and Jason. I bet Jason loves that the kids are still used to him and accept him. I know after two weeks of being without Tyler in Utah, when we got home the kids were very shy around him.
I can't wait to hear more of your time together now!!

Rick and Danee said...

I love these pictures! It made me cry to see how happy everyone looked. Jason, we are so glad you are home safe....Kayla mentioned you in her prayers all the time and it was so cute that she remembered to say it even if she doesn't remember who you are! We are thrilled you are home safe and back with your family! We love you all!

Alisa said...

HOORAY!! You did it! (I know this comment is late...I'm so behind on EVERYTHING with Greg being gone...including catching up on blogs.)

I hope you all are enjoying your time together and that the transition is going well.

You are amazing!!

Fennimore said...

Captain Glenn,
Who would've thought we'd both be joining the military. I'm almost done w/ my enlistment. You totaly outrank me. When will you be back in the states?

SrA Leafty

Fennimore said...

Where'd you serve, Capt Glenn?