Sunday, June 21, 2009

Best Daddy in the Whole World



My daddy is a soldier
he’s often gone away
to some far off country
where he has to stay.
I really miss my daddy
And I’m not sure what he does
except he helps other people
who need him very much.
At night when I say my prayers
I ask to keep daddy safe
so that he can come home to us
and be home, his favorite place.
Some nights I can hear mommy cry
when she thinks I’m asleep
I know she misses daddy
and her sadness hurts real deep.
My daddy is a soldier
he’s often gone away
And I am so very proud of him
each and every day.
Come home to us daddy
When your job is done
I know those people needed you
But they aren’t the only ones.
-Maria Sutherland












Father's Day just isn't the same without Daddy!
We sure wish we could send our hugs and kisses!
We had a fun day after church, we went for a walk and played in the water.
HAPPY FATHER'S DAY TO THE BEST DADDY IN THE WORLD!

2 comments:

Cammie said...

That is so sweet! I love that poem. I bet it was hard not having Jason there for Father's Day. I'm sure you are all so anxious for him to come home.
I love the pictures of your kids. They are so cute! I can't believe how big William is getting. I just can't get over how cute his dimples are:)

Tina said...

I still haven't heard from you about what is going on with Ava!! I hope things are looking up.
I loved all the pictures. The kids looked adorable all matching and the pink flowers added so much to Ava's picture. She is beautiful. I hope you are doing great!! You are such an inspiration to us all!!