Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Our Visit Back Home

We had the opportunity to visit 'home' for a whole month this last spring. We are so thankful for our family accommodating us and making wonderful memories together! First, we flew into Vegas, and stayed at my dad's in St. George. The desert weather was so beautiful; we spent lots of time outdoors. There was never a dull moment, grandpa always had something planned. I think he was worn out everyday, especially playing with Ethan. The kids really enjoyed swimming in the pool in March. We went on a hike at Zion National Park, the kids loved playing in the sand at Snow canyon and the water park downtown (their picture was even in the newspaper!), saw their cousins and Uncle Brad and Aunt Natalie. Kaye made the best cupcakes and we had a combined birthday for the kids. I'm so glad my sister was able to spend lots of time with us and we got to see her place too.

FYI- You can pause the music on the right if you'd like, and you'll need to close out the advertisement at the bottom of the slide show to see the captions for each photo.



Next, we drove up to the Salt Lake valley and stayed with my mom. We enjoyed late nights, conversation, too many laughs, and lots of play at grandma's. She let us take over her house, and was so good to us while she was very busy herself. Uncle Dave is quite the entertainer. I'm sure he was ready for the kids to stop waking him up and wanting his attention all the time. It was a crazy week because we had so many friends and family to see, and our kids were getting worn out with all the traveling and new people. Sheena organized a wonderful get together at her house for the Green family. I didn't get any pictures though :( Ethan and William don't quite know what to do at Uncle Cory's; it's all ponies, Barbies, and dress up with their cousins. They played the Wii, and my boys chased the girls around ;) Ava was in heaven playing with McKinley and Kennedy! We also went to my grandparents home in Bountiful, where the kids rode the horses, ate grandma's goodies, and played with toys I played with when young. I think my grandma and grandpa had as big of smiles as my children did. We also went up to Logan to my Aunt Nancy's pool house, and she went all out as a host! Her home-made Oreo cookies were yummy. It was so nice to catch up with my cousins and grandma. It was way too cold to swim, there was still a little snow outside. We were able to see Jason's sister, Stacy, and her family. The kids just LOVE their cousins, they got along so well. We also went to Orem to see Jason's aunts and cousins. It was so nice to see everyone again!



We flew to Bozeman, into the perfect little airport; no crowds of people and it was so easy to get your luggage and be on your way. Our kids joined up with the day care at grandma's. They were in heaven, and we got a very much needed break. Our kids would love to live out in the country, where they could run and play and explore right out the back door. The country really makes the best playground. Jason and I were able to get away alone often, and we really enjoyed our time together. I felt like I was re-living the time we spent together in Bozeman before we got married! Jason and his dad completed and tested the AR-15. LaNae went all out for Easter, as she always does when she makes dinner. Grandma and Grandpa spoiled our kids, but also helped with time-outs! They amaze me with their wisdom and all they accomplish together.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved looking at these! You guys got some way good pictures...