Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year


Yes, I agree sometimes life is crap, especially the week before your husband deploys! It really hit me the other day that Jason is leaving soon. We have prepared so much for this, yet I think I've been in denial the last few weeks. The pre-deployment 'to-do list' is nearly complete, and we're gearing up for goodbyes and the kids' reactions for at least the first month. Jason was supposed to leave in March, but his deployment location changed and the date moved up to next week. So, about 7 months of 2009 will be difficult, but it could be worse. I hope to be more positive in '09!
I guess crap is not always a bad thing, in fact most of the time it helps us appreciate the good. In most of the world, 'crap' is used to help plants grow...(yes, I learned too much about this while living in Turkey; when buying produce on the economy there, you're encouraged to soak it in bleach water before eating it). Ha, ha, LOL.
On a more serious note-
With God's hand, I hope this deployment will be a growing experience for us all.

No comments: